TEN QUESTIONS WITH SYDNEY DRIGGS
1. Who/What got you interested in your sport and when did you start playing?
"My family inspired me to play basketball and pushed me to be the best I could be. I've been playing basketball since I was 3-years old."
2. If you weren't playing your sport, what other sport would you want to play at the college level?
"If I wasn't playing basketball, I would say hockey. Being from Minnesota, that's the sport to be in and around."
3. What makes your head coach the type of coach you love to play for?
"Coach always tells us to be honest with ourselves and to be honest with each other and the other coaches. He cares so much about us, not only as a basketball team, but as individuals as well. He also helped me so much from coming out of state, he made the transition a lot easier on me and I'll forever be grateful."
4. What are you majoring in and what's your favorite class?
"I'm majoring in sports psychology and my favorite class would have to be psychology."
5. What is your perfect pre-game meal?
"I for sure have to hit up Juice It Up before every game."
6. What do you enjoy doing when you're not in school or playing your sport?
"On my days off, I enjoy going to the mall to expand the shoe game, watching college basketball and hanging out with my family and friends."
7. Walk us through your pre-game warm-up ...
"My pregame warmup is just me stretching and listening to music, just trying to get my head right for the game and most importantly, take time to say my prayers."
8. Top three movies are ... ?
"Safe Haven, Love & Basketball and Man on Fire."
9. What is the plan once you graduate?
"I plan on getting my Master's degree in sports psychology and finding a job in my field. I also plan on becoming a coach."
10. Who is your leadership style?
"I just try and lead by example, be the best player I can be night in and night out. Nothing ever comes easy and that's the mindset that needs to be instilled."