TEN QUESTIONS WITH DEANDRE HAWKINS
1. Who/What got you interested in your sport and when did you start playing?
"My mom and my brother got me started playing basketball when I was six years old."
2. If you weren't playing your sport, what other sport would you want to play at the college level?
"If I wasn't playing basketball, I'd try and play either football or baseball."
3. What makes your head coach the type of coach you love to play for?
"I love Coach (Steve) Spencer's passion and love for the game."
4. What are you majoring in and what's your favorite class?
"I'm majoring in communications and my favorite class is math."
5. What is your perfect pre-game meal?
"Chicken and vegtables."
6. What do you enjoy doing when you're not in school or playing your sport?
"I love hanging out with my teammates."
7. Favorite TV Shows?
"Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Family Matters and Everbody Hates Chris"
8. All-time favorite movie?
9. If you could sit down and have dinner with someone famous (athlete or otherwise) who is no longer alive, who would you pick and why?
"Muhammad Ali, because of his mindset, passion and preparation for the sport he loves."
10. Who is your favorite athletic role model?