Coast Crew is looking for superb athletes, preferably 6' tall and over who are aerobically fit and possess good core and leg strength. Prior rowing experience is helpful, but not necessary as we will teach you how.
Rowing is a full-year, 2-semester sport.
- New rowers should join the team in the Fall semester to learn the proper technique and receive proper conditioning. We will compete in 3-4 long distance races in the latter half of the semester.
- Spring semester rowing is only for athletes that have participated on the team during the previous Fall semester. Our normal race season is in the Spring, running from March through the end of May.
- Workouts are held Monday – Friday, 6:00 am – 8:30 am, with an additional 1-hour fitness workout in the afternoon to be arranged around class schedules. Saturday morning workouts will be added mid-way through the Fall semester.
How to Join:
To participate on the team, you must be enrolled at Orange Coast College. To be eligible to sign up for crew, you must complete 3 steps:
1) Enroll in Orange Coast College. Follow the instructions at www.orangecoastcollege.edu.
2) Complete any required English and Math placement testing prior to step 3 below (attending an orientation). Call 714-432-5789 to register for a placement test.
3) Attend an orientation and record a Student Education Plan in the DegreeWorks software system.
- It is recommended you attend a Student- Athlete Orientation.
- These will be offered on July 1, July 9, and July 14 from 9:00am to Noon.
- Contact Tracey Sanders (first floor of Watson Hall, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 714-432-6883) to sign up.
- Please send us an email with your name, contact information, height, weight, and athletic background so we can add you to our communication list. Send the email to: email@example.com.
- When registering for classes, enroll in ATHL 252, the Men's Crew "class".
- Join our Facebook group called “Coast Crew 2014 – 15”. This is a site for internal communications within the team.
- Come to the "Learn to Row" sessions, held every Thursday and Thursday mornings, 7:00 – 8:00 am during the month of August. Check below for the location of the boathouse.
- Come to the Crew Information Meeting on the OCC campus during the first week of classes. Look for coaches and current rowers on the Quad who will be handing out information on signing up.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you check your OCC email account every day. This is where you will be notified about waitlisted classes or messages from teachers.
Cam Brown, Head Coach
Phone: (949) 645-3505
David A. Grant Collegiate Rowing Center
1801 West Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663