Coast Crew is looking for superb athletes, preferably 6' tall and over who are aerobically fit and possess good core and leg strength. Prior rowing experience is helpful, but not necessary as we will teach you how.
Rowing is a full-year, 2-semester sport.
- New rowers should join the team in the Fall semester to learn the proper technique and receive proper conditioning. We will compete in 3-4 long distance races in the latter half of the semester.
- Spring semester rowing is only for athletes that have participated on the team during the previous Fall semester. Our normal race season is in the Spring, running from March through the end of May.
- Workouts are held Monday – Friday, 6:00 am – 8:30 am, with an additional 1-hour fitness workout in the afternoon to be arranged around class schedules. Saturday morning workouts will be added mid-way through the Fall semester.
How to Join:
- Please send us an email with your name, contact information, height, weight, and athletic background so we can add you to our communication list. Send the email to: email@example.com.
- When registering for classes, enroll in ATHL 252, the Men's Crew "class".
- Come to the Crew Information Meeting on the OCC campus during the first week of classes. Look for coaches and current rowers on the Quad who will be handing out information on signing up.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you check your OCC email account every day. This is where you will be notified about waitlisted classes or messages from teachers.
Cam Brown, Head Coach
Phone: (405) 761-9932
David A. Grant Collegiate Rowing Center
1801 West Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663