The P.R.E.S.S. Program is designed to support the academic goals of student-athletes at Orange Coast College by connecting them to the resources needed for academic success. This program is committed to supporting and equipping student-athletes with the skills necessary to be successful in the classroom and on the field.
The purpose of this program is to offer holistic support to student-athletes by offering the following resources:
- Study Hall: offered weekly to all student-athletes as a time and space to complete homework assignments, study and prepare for exams, etc. Locations and times vary, depending on the day.
- Tutoring: Tutoring is provided during study halls hours by subject-specific tutors and student-athlete peer tutors.
- Skills-based Workshops: workshops are offered monthly and range in topic from Study Skills, Goal Setting, and Note Taking, to Applying to Transfer, Resume Preparation, and Interview Etiquette.
- Academic Advising: provided by the Athletic Academic Counselor, Stacy Kirch.
- For a detailed calendar of Study Hall hours and upcoming Workshops, click here.