The P.R.E.S.S. Program is designed to support the academic goals of student-athletes at Orange Coast College by connecting them to the resources needed for academic success. This program is committed to supporting and equipping student-athletes with the skills necessary to be successful in the classroom, on the field or court, and in the workplace.
The purpose of this program is to offer holistic support to student-athletes through the following:
- Study Hall: open-hour study hall sessions are offered daily to all student-athletes as a dedicated space to complete homework assignments, study and prepare for exams, etc. Locations and times vary, depending on the day and term. Please refer to the schedule below for more details.
- Tutoring: Math and English tutoring is available during assigned study hall hours.
- Workshops: workshops are offered monthly and range in topic from Study Skills, Goal Setting, and Note Taking Strategies, Wellness Tips and more.
- Academic Counseling: provided by the Athletic Academic Counselor, Luis Miranda. Additional support is provided by Stacy Kirch and the general Counseling Division.
- For a detailed, monthly calendar of PRESS activity, click here.